Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I hate redemptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just pulled a redemption out of a bunch of 2007-08 Upper Deck Ice packs...

2007-08 Ice Hockey Glacial Graphs No GG-MB

Martin Brodeur

of course its worth nothing because the redemption expired last year

i totally understand the need to put expiration dates...however at the very least Upper Deck should provide simple promo cards to those that expired...

if shipping costs are a problem they could have a clause they only send promo cards if an unexpired redemption is also requested

the promo card would cost them next to nothing...i'm not even asking for a jersey or signed card here...

an example of something they could give out is perhaps whatever packs they have left that they produced for the nhl all star game redemption program...
I think it also should be up to savy store owners to make sure they sell the stuff before the redemptions expire and have the ability to send the unopened wax back to UD for a sellable newer product to force UD to get the lazy agents and players to do their part and sign cards in a timely fashion. Just my opinion..........
usually upper deck will honor expired redemptions with other cards worth similar amounts.

You should call them up and speak with them about it, what do you have to lose?
still worth calling and asking about

and I 100% dislike them... if you dont have the card signed/made then take it off the checklist and use it next year
I pulled an expired redemption for a Derek Jeter auto #'d to 5. I called UD and while they wouldn't honor the redemption, they did send me a "good will" package that consisted of a decent auto (not Jeter) and a quad jersey card (included Jeter). I understood the redemption was expired and was pleasantly surprised they at least did something to make me happy. It's always worth a phone call to ask.
thanks for the feedback guys...i'll give them a call later this week and worst case i guess they will say no...

i do have to enter another valid redemption this week so if they want to save on shipping they could include it at the same time
ouch that hurts
Yeah im with ya on that one. I live in Australia so its not like i can give them a call, but i pulled a 2005-06 SP Authentic Marks of Distinction Patrick Roy /25 redemption earlier this year.... emailed and "we cant do anything for you". Its bulls**t to say the least.
(11-06-2011 05:10 PM)arock99 Wrote: [ -> ]i totally understand the need to put expiration dates...

Totally disagree...if you had pulled that redemption two years ago, they would have honored it, right? So why does the passing of time change that fact?

I think that redemptions are false advertising. I bought a box of cards manufactured as a collectible. The box came with a card that was supposed to be in it (it is on the checklist, etc.), but was not able to be packed out due to whatever reason. But that card should either have been made, or a substitution card presented in its place, whenever I redeem my redemption.

Just my opinion...
Reference URL's