Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why when you are looking to trade away using C2C Trade does most of the returns come back as:

# For Trade: 0

or

No records to view

I thought this was a way to find traders that were looking for a particular card.
It's probably because there really isn't a lot of people that keep their "trade for" listed as 1 in their org. Until they get matchmaker up and running their really isn't a reason for people to maintain that part of the org. Just my thoughts though.
(11-04-2011 04:12 PM)86champs Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably because there really isn't a lot of people that keep their "trade for" listed as 1 in their org. Until they get matchmaker up and running their really isn't a reason for people to maintain that part of the org. Just my thoughts though.

The problem is that they say they have a certain card and when you go to look for it it isn't there. As a matter of fact there aren't any cards.
(11-04-2011 05:23 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that they say they have a certain card and when you go to look for it it isn't there. As a matter of fact there aren't any cards.

I know what you mean, man. I've also ran into the issue of when i go to look at their org some window pops up about buying all the subscriptions. But, it only shows up when someone has 12,000+ items in their org. Very strange
(11-04-2011 05:23 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that they say they have a certain card and when you go to look for it it isn't there. As a matter of fact there aren't any cards.

Sorry Ray I think I mis-read your OP. That does seem pretty strange. I've initiated a ton of trades using the C2C option but haven't run across that error yet. Maybe it is a new error that just came up. Hopefully a mod will report it.
(11-04-2011 05:35 PM)hurdygurdyman Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean, man. I've also ran into the issue of when i go to look at their org some window pops up about buying all the subscriptions. But, it only shows up when someone has 12,000+ items in their org. Very strange

I think that this has something to do with the people who did not subscribe to the Org or the Price Guide. Beckett must have gone in at their request and zeroed out the # For Trade:, In their wisdom they neglected to change the search criteria from Trade Away in All Items to # For Trade:. This is why you find them when doing a search and there is nothing there when you try to bring up their collections.

Try this, go to 1994 Topps, The base set and click on #1 Mike Piazza, This will bring up the page for this card. Scroll down to C2C Trade and click on Wants, and then click on the first listing in the wants column (Click on the name, not on the green arrow) and you will see that he has # for Trade: 0. This even though he has thousands of cards in his # of Haves. Also note that 4 out of five traders listed on this page have # for Trade: 0.
(11-05-2011 08:26 AM)ktcardshop Wrote: [ -> ]I think that this has something to do with the people who did not subscribe to the Org or the Price Guide. Beckett must have gone in at their request and zeroed out the # For Trade:, In their wisdom they neglected to change the search criteria from Trade Away in All Items to # For Trade:. This is why you find them when doing a search and there is nothing there when you try to bring up their collections.

Try this, go to 1994 Topps, The base set and click on #1 Mike Piazza, This will bring up the page for this card. Scroll down to C2C Trade and click on Wants, and then click on the first listing in the wants column (Click on the name, not on the green arrow) and you will see that he has # for Trade: 0. This even though he has thousands of cards in his # of Haves. Also note that 4 out of five traders listed on this page have # for Trade: 0.

That's usually how i go about it, but it always has the trade #. Maybe i'm not doing something right?
(11-04-2011 04:12 PM)86champs Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably because there really isn't a lot of people that keep their "trade for" listed as 1 in their org. Until they get matchmaker up and running their really isn't a reason for people to maintain that part of the org. Just my thoughts though.

Are they ever going to get this matchmaker up and running at all??? They have been talking about it since Feb.
Reference URL's