Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I get the cards in my organization folders in number sequence?

Unable to find an answer on the FAQ's. It is frustrating adding and/or updating sets that I am chasing.

I created different folders for each set, then added the cards I am chasing. I then have to go into each folder to update my "haves/needs"... but the cards are not in number sequence. They skip around out of order.

Trying to speed up inputting my inventory, I have resulted in print the inventory check lists, inventorying my cards manually, then going to my organization folders to input quantities. If I have to search for each individual card, this would take forever! I do not have time to do this.

This is another reason why some collectors choose not to use Beckett.com. I am a member of various Sports Card Forums, but like Beckett the best. Having to pay for a subscription sways my vote. I am not to happy with the site. My computer always freezes when trying to search my organization. I know it's not my laptop or desktop. Because the same thing happens on different computers that I have access too. Even my Government computer at work. I have no problems with other websites or other areas of Beckett.com.

For those that respond. Thank you for your time.
you can sort by item description in any folder in your org EXCEPT for "ALL ITEMS"

if you want to search your org, and have the cards appear in order, simply create a dummy folder (name it whatever you want, but i go with "-real all items" (the hypen makes the folder appear at the top).

then select your entire collection and add it to the new folder. when you search that folder, make sure you select "search within this collection"
also: use tabs. one tab for org, one for opg. you should only be getting lag in the org when you first open it (if you are using IE 7 or older...well, dont, if you have a choice. site runs better with chrome and firefoox, and IE9)
thank you for your help. It works a little. Don't like the idea making dummy folders though. I got the cards in sequence in most of the folders when viewing, but there are a few numbers that are missing.. I know I added them to the folder. If I search for single cards inside the folder, they show up. But if I view the entire folder, there are 1-2 card numbers missing..

I use the latest firefox version. I've tried chrome, but don't like it..
(10-25-2011 01:37 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: [ -> ]thank you for your help. It works a little. Don't like the idea making dummy folders though. I got the cards in sequence in most of the folders when viewing, but there are a few numbers that are missing.. I know I added them to the folder. If I search for single cards inside the folder, they show up. But if I view the entire folder, there are 1-2 card numbers missing..

I use the latest firefox version. I've tried chrome, but don't like it..

Try clicking "Show Tags" to see what collections those 1-2 cards are in. It is possible they have not yet been put into a collection, or maybe put into a different collection in error.

If it is in an incorrect collection, you can click the "X" on the collection tag to remove it from the collection. It is not removed from Organize at this point.

You can then search for it again and use the "Add To" button to add it to the correct collection.

-Traci
Reference URL's