Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Matchmaker system.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone seen an update as to when the matchmaker system will be operational?

The "New and Improved" site has been release already now for a full 7 months, and we still can't click on a collection a get a list of members that have the cards we need from that collection.

I don't understand the delay, since it was operational on the old site and worked great.

Sorry for the rant but I'm really having trade withdrawls.

3 trades since the beginning of the year, when I made 200+ 2009-2010.

I've been trading online since January of 2009 and for two years I was happy as a kid in a candy store to trade only on Beckett. Now I've had to finally resigned myself to going to other boards to make trades.

Anyone else fed up of waiting?

I'm done ranting.

Flamesfan....91
hey did you post on forums help section? the IT folks are in the boards more often then reg sports section

they can answer your question

hopefully we find out when the new stuff will be up and running
i completely agree Flames. the only update i've gotten is "they know about it and are working on it". it's very frustrating.
matchmaker wasnt on the old system
there's been no updates
speculation (mine): there are a lot of inherent flaws and inconsistencies with how the database was built.
technically "Matchmaker" wasn't on the old site, but whatever you want to call it was better than having to search through individual cards to try to find people.
(07-30-2011 05:52 PM)scotts shoebox Wrote: [ -> ]technically "Matchmaker" wasn't on the old site, but whatever you want to call it was better than having to search through individual cards to try to find people.

It was VERY useful in trying to downsize my collection and trading off large numbers of cards at once. I'd just click on a collection and everyone would pop up that needed cards from me. Additionally, when I went to trade with them, all the cards they had marked as wants were sorted straight to the top of the list instead of wading through every page.

Also, it was easy to see who had cards I wanted by doing the same thing instead of having to search by each individual card. However, I don't think anybody other than mods acknowledge the people on the boards anymore.
(07-31-2011 06:46 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: [ -> ]It was VERY useful in trying to downsize my collection and trading off large numbers of cards at once. I'd just click on a collection and everyone would pop up that needed cards from me. Additionally, when I went to trade with them, all the cards they had as marked were sorted straight to the top of the list instead of wading through every page.

Also, it was easy to see who had cards I wanted by doing the same thing instead of having to search by each individual card. However, I don't think anybody other than mods acknowledge the people on the boards anymore.

That was exactly my point, I would put all my base cards into one collection, click on it, and it would tell me all the people that were looking for cards that I had in the collection, and like you said, as soon as you looked at your items, it told you exactly which cards the other collector need.

The same system worked the other way as well to find low-end cards you needed to complete a collection, or in my case, Lower value Theo Fleury cards. Just click on the collection and BAM!! fifteen collectors that have cards you are looking for.

Also, you are correct about the mods being the only acknowledgment we get. I've been a paying customer for two and a half years. The only reason I paid for the OPG was so I could have a good idea about weather my trades were even, but if I can't trade with the same easy, then why choose Beckett's site. What's the point. If Beckett doesn't do something soon I'll be just another trader that used to trade on Beckett.

By the way, I started this thread in the Hockey forum to get some opinions from the traders I have dealt with in the past, an within a few hours the thread was swept under the rug and hidden all the way at the back in the Help forum, where no one will see it and add there opinion. So that maybe Beckett will see that is not just one member's issue.

I just wish they would re-instate the old system, and I could go back to making trades on a weekly basis.

Soon to be fed up.
Flamesfan...91
it was pretty nice to have

so you know what you can do for a shipping standpoint,

hopefully it be up again
(07-31-2011 07:35 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: [ -> ]it was pretty nice to have

so you know what you can do for a shipping standpoint,

hopefully it be up again

I may be remembering incorrectly but I thought the whole "Matchmaker" was one of the things they pimped for the turnover. August is only a few hours away and I thought it was some world class IT/web site development team that was working on the new site. What gives?
I agree on ALL points from everyone! 8 months and counting now.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's