Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Autograph fading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a collection of autographed football cards of all the starting members of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl teams of SB XXXI and XXXII. I obtained most through the mail and in person. For the ones I could not get - I would purchase inserted authentic autograph cards.
I have had them on display in an enviromently controlled house and out of direct sunlight.
I have noticed at least 6 of the autographs are fading away. And these are all insert cards.
Anybody have any opinion on what I should do with these to stop the fading? Without putting into a box and storing them.
They are in 4-screw down holders.
I plan to do the same for the SB XLV team - so I don't want to find the stuff faded 15 years down the road

Thanks for any input
(04-30-2011 03:35 PM)ruup4it Wrote: [ -> ]I have a collection of autographed football cards of all the starting members of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl teams of SB XXXI and XXXII. I obtained most through the mail and in person. For the ones I could not get - I would purchase inserted authentic autograph cards.
I have had them on display in an enviromently controlled house and out of direct sunlight.
I have noticed at least 6 of the autographs are fading away. And these are all insert cards.
Anybody have any opinion on what I should do with these to stop the fading? Without putting into a box and storing them.
I plan to do the same for the SB XLV team - so I don't want to find the stuff faded 15 years down the road

Thanks for any input

Black ink will fade much faster than blue, are they signed in black?
(04-30-2011 03:35 PM)ruup4it Wrote: [ -> ]I have a collection of autographed football cards of all the starting members of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl teams of SB XXXI and XXXII. I obtained most through the mail and in person. For the ones I could not get - I would purchase inserted authentic autograph cards.

Thanks for any input

You do know that green bay didn't win Super Bowl XXXII, don't you?
(08-16-2011 03:33 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]You do know that green bay didn't win Super Bowl XXXII, don't you?

Good, pointed question.

JonathanI
Reference URL's