|Forum Announcement: NEW TRADERS, READ HERE FIRST|
04-25-2011, 03:54 PM
NEW TRADERS, READ HERE FIRST
Welcome to Beckett.com Trading!
We hope that you will find trading on Beckett.com to be enjoyable and that you are able to find lots of great traders to deal with. Please note the following rules and tips for trading on Beckett.com
1. First and most importantly, Beckett has a fantastic trading system and inventory tool called "Organize". In order to trade on Beckett.com, the cards you want to trade away must be loaded into your organize and marked appropriately for trade. There is a tutorial on the help forum that will help walk you through how to do this:
Please ensure you have cards loaded into your organize BEFORE posting a trade thread. If you post a trade thread advertising cards not listed in your organize, your trade post will be modified or deleted. Repeat offenders will face possible suspensions or bans.
All trades on Beckett must be initiated and completed using the "Trade" tab at the top of the page. Users found to be trading outside of the trade tab will face suspensions or permanent bans.
Finally, please limit yourself to no more than one or two active trade threads at any time. Combine all cards for trade into one thread, rather than creating separate threads for each card.
2. You are of course welcome and encouraged to maintain a 'bucket' or other method of showing pictures of your cards for trade, but please ensure the cards are properly marked for trade in your organize as well.
3. Be sure you're comfortable with your trading partner before accepting a trade. Carefully review their feedback profile, and check to ensure they aren't on the banned trader list found here:
Although the moderators of the site do try our best to identify and ban problem traders, all trading is done at your own risk, so please protect yourself.
4. As a new trader, don't be offended or surprised if some of the experienced traders ask you to send first. This is how you will build your Beckett feedback 'credentials'.
5. Above all, treat your trading partner the way you would like to be treated and have fun! Trading is a fantastic and relatively inexpensive way to expand your collection and please don't hesitate to contact a moderator if you have any questions.